The best online Debate website - DebateIsland.com! The only Online Debate Website with Casual, Persuade Me, Formalish, and Formal Online Debate formats. We’re the Leading Online Debate website. Debate popular topics, Debate news, or Debate anything! Debate online for free!

The eclipse debunks the globe/heliocentric model of the universe.
in Earth Science

By ErfisflatErfisflat 1637 Pts
Many people watched the eclipse. I watched it without the NASA specs. It has been my suspicion that the whole "don't look at the eclipse" thing was a bit overrated and i was right. I still have great vision. Anyway, the moon, or whatever blocked the light of the sun, moved from a northwesterly path and crossed towards the southeast. We observe the moon moving in the same path as the sun overhead, from east to west. The heliocentric model has changed the moon's direction to the opposite of what we see it traveling to get the earth spinning, and try and get the eclipses right, while keeping the sun still. It takes around 30 days for the moon to orbit the earth in the heliocentric model. So why does the moon's shadow (totality) move across the United States in a matter of hours from northwest to southeast? 

I asked timeanddate.com because they usually have things like this correct, but their animations, like the one above, show the earth spinning in the opposite direction. Does this debunk the heliocentric model? Final nail in the coffin?

https://www.timeanddate.com/eclipse/solar/2017-august-21
(Scroll down to eclipse animation)

SilverishGoldNovajoecavalrykmelkevolution17northsouthkorea
  1. Live Poll

Does the eclipse debunk heliocentricity?

12 votes
    1. Yes, that does not match reality.
      16.67%
    2. But... magic!
      83.33%
Pseudoscience: noun; a collection of beliefs or practices mistakenly regarded as being based on scientific method.

Scientific method: noun; a method of procedure that has characterized natural science since the 17th century, consisting in systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses.

The highest form of ignorance is when you reject something you don't know anything about.

Wayne Dyer

Could not connect: User i2483808_vf2 already has more than 'max_user_connections' active connections